Tuesday, August 18, 2015

"It is a Joy to Love"-Latest Mixed-Media Painting


Two of my first loves are poetry and painting. Yet, I set them aside for decades to work in the "real" world. Now, 40 years after graduating from art school, I am renewing my love for poetry and painting, refreshing techniques and allowing inspiration to bubble forth! What fun!

The internet is full of inspiring artists, such as Serena Barton, Rebecca Crowell, Judy Wise, Jylian Gustlin. It seems that I discover a new artist every day!

 "It is a Joy to Love" is a new 12" x 12" mixed-media painting. I played with acrylic, collage, stencil, monoprint, oil paint and cold wax for a rich texture.



© Claudia Rose

1 comment:

  1. Love the color mix, the lines --- I could see it hanging on my wall in my office!!!!
    The painting does express the "it is a joy to love". WOW !!!!
    AJ

    ReplyDelete