Wednesday, November 4, 2015

"She Dreams in Florals" Latest Mixed-Media Painting


She Dreams in Florals

My latest painting is 16" x 20", mixed-media on canvas. I used acrylics, graphite, India ink, stencils and iridescent glazes. She named herself while I was still working on preliminary layers. In person, she glows and shimmers with the change of the light. You can see more shimmer in the detail below:


I love her so much I can barely take my eyes off her. While she rests on my easel, I sneak into my studio just to admire her before I go to bed. I will give her a few days before spraying 2-3 coats of varnish on her surface. 

PAINTING
like creating a new life
with every blank canvas.

Thank you for showing up, my beautiful one!


© Claudia Rose, Ph.D.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Wow. Wow.
    Getting gooder, gooder, best.
    All of your art looks just like you.
    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete