Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Painting-Garden of Love


A Garden of Love

I didn’t hear from my two closest friends on my 65th birthday. Not a card, call or email, not even a text or shout-out on Facebook. But it’s okay. My happiness is not dependent on their memories. They can forget me or remember me.

I know I am loved. I know God holds me in His embrace. I know I am showered in gifts, blessings and even miracles. Perhaps the miracle is as small as a cat’s paw on my cheek as I sleep. Perhaps it is the flow of paint onto the canvas. I might be the only witness, and that is okay.

A garden of love blooms in me. This is the miracle I celebrate every day. It cannot be diminished by anyone or anything. I know where I stand in the universe—it is in this garden of love that God has planted and nurtures in me.

“Yes, My love, I am here in a cool garden. A breeze blows. The 

treetops are filled with birds singing. You reside here in this 

garden of My love.”

***

This painting reminds me of the Garden of Love in which I reside. Mixed media on 14” x 11” canvas including collage of original linocut mono prints, pastels, graphite and acrylic.


©Claudia Rose, Ph.D.
Available for sale: www.claudiaroseart.com


2 comments:

  1. What a spectacularly beautiful painting. The flower reflected in the pot, that goes with the story you tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am blessed by your comments.

      Delete