Saturday, October 17, 2015



"Still as a Cat"

I just finished this graphite and charcoal pencil drawing. It isn't a finished artwork, yet a sketch for upcoming paintings. I've been producing a drawing every day, hopeful that "muscle memory" will kick in soon. 

When I was in art school, there was no internet, digital files, editing software, instructional videos, online workshops, etc. If we wanted to immerse ourselves in art, we went to museums, galleries and libraries. That was it!

I am deeply grateful for instant access to fine art, teachers and online tools. Most of all, I am grateful for the inspiration and guidance from artists who went before me. They whisper in my ear, nudge my hands and cheer me on from their infinite viewpoint. Blessings, my loved ones!

© Claudia Rose, Ph.D.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how heaven sent. What a great place to receive inspiration - everywhere.

    ReplyDelete