Thursday, April 7, 2016

New Painting-The Rose Quartz


The Rose Quartz

The Rose Quartz & the Importance of Beauty

Can there ever be enough beauty in the world? Beauty, like love, is food for the soul. Our very existence depends on it. Without beauty, we lose hope and a commitment to life.

I, too, fell for the prejudice against beauty. No silly floral paintings for me, I thought. I’d paint expressive, even disturbing images, weld in steel and carve in stone. In the end, beauty won out.

Decades of meditation and prayer have grown into happiness, true happiness that doesn’t depend on any external circumstance or relationship to flourish. Now, prejudices fall away like used tissue.

I see beauty everywhere from the tiniest blossom to a cat’s whisker and a child’s smile. I paint only beauty, because it is what my soul demands. Perhaps a floral painting won’t change the world, but it does change mine. On a wall in someone’s home, the painting just might remind them to look around their world and drink in the beauty that feeds the soul.

A song, “Starry, Starry Night”, plays as I paint. I am reminded of Vincent van Gogh and tears slide down my cheeks. Vincent suffered internally, yet never stopped seeing beauty in the world around him. He painted people and fields, night skies, sunny skies and lots of flowers. I think of his paintings as love letters from his soul to ours. They are his legacy reminding us of the Importance of Beauty.

rose petals
drift to earth
brief beauty living on.



Mixed media on 12” x 12” gallery wrapped canvas; includes original monoprints, graphite, India ink, pastel and acrylic.

For sale on my website: http://www.claudiaroseart.com


©Claudia Rose, Ph.D.

5 comments:

  1. so beautiful, your words and your work. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that it's the Rose quartz beauty - Claudia Rose, beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your painting! The colours are so soft, yet vibrant.

    ReplyDelete