Thursday, July 7, 2016

New Painting-Peace Grows


Peace Grows in the Garden

Opportunities come. Opportunities fade. My hair turns grey, my body soft. Yet, peace grows in the garden of my heart as it never did before. I turned the corner on my youth and am glad for it. I’m no longer driven by desire for what is not on my path.

My heart is soft, fertile ground, where God plants seeds of gratitude and love. While youth was full of discontent, I am now full of appreciation for the love and beauty all around me, for my very being.

Flowers grow in my garden. I feed them with happy thoughts and loving care. As they grow, they remind me that life is always growing and expanding. Peace is mine to choose.

“Today I bathe in the blue light of peace.”

***

This painting reminds me of the peace growing in the garden of my heart. Mixed media on 14” x 11” canvas including collage of original linocut mono prints, graphite, India ink and acrylic.

©Claudia Rose, Ph.D.

1 comment:

  1. Yes. Peace. It makes me think of my neighbor's garden. She had a placard in it that states, "Grow damn it". It's so fruitful when you get to the time and place in life when you know that's not how it grows.

    ReplyDelete