Wednesday, February 24, 2016

New Painting-A Place at the Table


A Place at the Table

This painting is on a 12” x 36” gallery wrapped canvas; hand painted monoprints, acrylic, graphite and pastel.

After waiting for the collage to dry, I stood and stared at my easel. Soon I saw a table with vase of diverse blooms and buds. The flowers couldn’t possibly grow from the same plant, yet they wanted to appear as-is in all their diversity. I invited the background to recede into white pearlescent acrylic.

The painting spoke with me when I sat down in my meditation room and asked its name. This is what I heard:

There’s a place for you at the table, a place for you to shine. No matter what your shape or color, you belong. You deserve to be admired and adored.

There’s a place for you at the table. All it takes is your belief that you deserve to be loved and valued. It doesn’t require physical perfection, just belief. Allow God’s grace to reach into every aspect of your life simply because you are you.

There is a place for you at the table of life, a place for you to shine. Just believe it is so and it will be.


©Claudia Rose, Ph.D.

1 comment:

  1. Oh what an amazing declaration. Before I even opened up the link, when I saw you were calling it "A Place At The Table" I took that to mean that it's time for you to show in a show. Take your place at the table, you have been invited. In your painting's words, "Just believe it is so and it will be."

    ReplyDelete