Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Love of Nature-Odilon Redon


The Athenaeum by Odilon Redon

Valentine's Day is almost here. How appropriate that I felt a wave of gratitude float over me today as I looked at the floral paintings of Frenchman, Odilon Redon (1840-1916). Such joy! I felt my heart center activated as I looked at his paintings on the internet.

Redon's paintings generate joy and feelings of love because he created them with love. He literally worshiped nature. One writer is quoted: "...he felt the need for light and climbed towards colour as if towards paradise."

Redon also painted landscapes, portraits, and allegories as a Symbolist artist. You can enjoy some of his paintings on my Pinterest board: https://www.pinterest.com/homesbyclaudia/flowers-in-art/

May Redon's love of nature tap your heart and open you to the beauty all around!


Odilon Redon

© Claudia Rose, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment